Production Manager (Fine Art)
Founded in 2004, JRP|Editions (formerly JRP|Ringier, 2004–2018) has established itself as one of the leading international and independent publishers of contemporary art. Partnering with artists, museums, galleries, and private institutions worldwide, JRP|Editions has built up a catalogue of more than 500 titles currently in active distribution.
In 2019, JRP|Editions launched its Multiples Department, producing limited-edition screen prints, lithographs, mirrors, and sculptures, as well as a program dedicated to new and innovative voices of the contemporary art field entitled JRP|Next.
Over the years JRP|Editions has collaborated with artists and writers such as John M Armleder, Louise Bourgeois, General Idea, Wade Guyton, Jenny Holzer, Kapwani Kiwanga, Christian Marclay, Hans Ulrich Obrist, Alice Rawsthorn, Kenny Scharf, and Kara Walker, among many other key art-world figures, to offer the most desirable and enriching books and fine art multiples to readers and collectors around the world.
About the Job
In order to support our fast-growing business, we are looking for an experienced full-time production manager. The selected candidate will oversee all aspects related to the production of our art multiples across mediums including lithography, screen print, mirror, and textile and will monitor production schedule and budget. The role is based in Paris, France.
• Owning the artwork development process: coordinating and managing the production process with artists’ studios and production partners to ensure each edition is produced to the highest quality, packaged and launched successfully.
• Managing the production budget: negotiating rates for all materials and processes necessary to the production of high-quality art works. Keeping all projects on budget and on schedule and flagging any issues or risks that may arise.
• Building up a strong partner network: sourcing the best-in-class art printers, material suppliers and production houses, and building strong long-term partnerships with them.
• Driving quality and efficiency in our warehouse: collaborating with the on-site team to ensure our orders are fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner.
• Reporting: creating and distributing reports relevant to inventory management and production development.
• Exceptional organisational and project management skills, with the ability to meet evolving deadlines for numerous projects simultaneously.